Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good Morning, Ike

We woke up this morning with a knock on the door thanks to Ike - that transient bum who's been wandering through Texas, Arkansas, and Missouri. We're seeing a fairly consistent rain storm, but there is no thunder and lightning. The lights are flickering, but I don't think the wind alone is enough to knock power out, thankfully. The winds are 20-30 MPH, and we can surmise that this is as close to a hurricane as we would prefer to get. The streets and homes of St. Louis are not as well prepared as the streets and homes of Islamorada.

A note to the self-proclaimed Dr. Storm (by the way, I prefer the name Jack Weatherly) - we have been caught unprepared. We have the requisite hurricane currency - toilet paper, however we do not have corned beef hash. We might have to go barter with the neighbors if the stores have to close!

The big question today is whether Amy and I will get our training runs in, and whether we will be able to use our Giants vs. Rams tickets. (note to Joe - I tried to sell these tickets, but the Rams are SO bad this year, that I would have had to pay someone to take them). The thought of the nachos at the Edward Jones Dome is enticing, but the thought of dragging to kids down there on public transportation is not. Plus, I have tons of work stuff to do this weekend.

I know Chicago has been getting slammed by rain, so hopefully Ike stays to the south of all of you.


1 comment:

The Powers Family said...

That looks like US this morning! It's still so dark out and it's almost 9:00!