Paul asked if I'd do the blogging tonight as he is pretty tired! The Government Finance Officials Association must be a rocking time to tire him out.
Anyways,
The kids and I decided to mix it up today and start the day at the pool. The kids played hard for two hours before we broke for lunch. After lunch, we headed to the beach and I actually shelled out the $10 for an umbrella since Adam looked pretty darn tired by the time we got to the beach. (I don't know if you all know this, but Adam still naps 3-4 hours per day. While on this trip, I've been lucky to get him down at a decent time since we've been having so much fun at the beach/pool!) I had visions of Adam falling asleep under the umbrella, me reading the paper, and Emily playing in the sand/water. However, this was not to be. Adam decided that he'd rather run some more in the waves and sand. But I did enjoy the umbrella for a bit before it clouded up and the kids joined me under the umbrella while it rained a bit. While sitting under the umbrella as it rained, he almost fell asleep!
After Paul came back, we headed to the 15th Street Fisheries for dinner. The restaurant had two places to eat and we chose the less formal one because we had kids. Dinner was AWESOME. After dinner, we grabbed the Water Taxi for a ride up and down the intercoastal. We saw more yachts and mansions than we could count. It was a neat ride, but it turned out to be a bit long for the kids who weren't impressed by the multi-million dollar boats and houses!
We're finally back in the room and the kids are about to go to bed. We're all wiped out tonight again.
Tomorrow Paul heads back for the last full day of the conference. He said todays keynote speaker - Mary Matlin- was REALLY interesting. He sat in the front row and winked at her. (JUST KIDDING!!) He did say she looked younger and better in person than on TV.
The kids and I are heading to the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park with a friend of mine and her 3 year old. We'll have some new - hopefully interesting pictures - to post tomorrow night!
All ready for the pool!
Lunch - YUMMY!
Playing tetherball - I was a bit concerned that Adam would run into the poll!
This one belonged to Johnny Weissmuller (he played Tarzan and was an Olympic swimmer winning 5 gold medals in the 1920's).
Lucy and Desi's House
2 comments:
Hi Kreidler Family! Emily I love your new short haircut! Adam, glad to see you are still keeping mommy hopping around :) And Dad, seriously, a "meeting" in Florida??? Amy, I hope you are still fishing for a man for me, and tell the hubby he is looking darn fine, I am so proud of you. I might be down in the area real soon, I'll call you if I do. Enjoy your vacation, oops I mean conference!
Hey Kreidler's,
Sounds like day 4 in Florida was pretty tiresome! I hope that you had fun though! Love your hair cut Em! Adam has so gotten really tall just like Uncle Paul. I honestly can't believe it! It seems just like yesterday he was a little baby calling Becky "Beba"! Can't wait to see you all in July! Luv you all!
Post a Comment