Monday, April 6, 2009

My Left Foot -


No, it wasn't a blister. I trained too well and wear the appropriate socks with my running shoes to get blisters!


I cut my 3rd toe on the 4th toe's nail. Seriously, the cut is probably about 1 mm, so not big at all. Doesn't hurt.
It started hurting about 3 miles into 13.1. By mile 6, all pain was gone. At mile 12, I thought someone spilled red Gatorade on my shoe. Mile 12.5 - I figured out it was blood and that my foot felt sticky!


So there it is, the mystery of the bloody sock is solved!

3 comments:

Kathy Kreidler said...

Sounds like a good excuse to go get a pedicure.

Susan said...

Pre-Run routine: Stretch, drink lots of water, CUT TOE NAILS.

akhoosier said...

Susan - I totlally n eed to add that to my routine! It hadn't bothered me in the other two runs I did that week so I'm not sure why it bothered me on Saturday!