Amy and Emily flew up to Chicago today so that Emily could have a girls night with Ninny Cindy, and Amy could go to the all-school reunion from her grade school. Adam and I prefer to say that we kicked them out this weekend so that we could do boy stuff.
After dropping the girls at the airport, we headed to the Museum of Transportation to check out some cool cars and trains. Adam had a blast. I would still like to get there sometime when I can actually read the information about the extensive collection they have instead of running from engine to engine, but this day was about Adam.
After the museum, we headed over to Sam's Club for a good cheap lunch and to pick up a few things. Adam likes to see the "scary guy" at Sam's these days - a Halloween decoration that talks and lights up. He wants to get close, but if you get too close, he'll just start repeating "no...no...no...no" until you back up.
The little guy is wiped out and taking a nap, which is good becuase I'm buried in work this weekend. Hopefully I can get a few things done before he wakes up.
After dropping the girls at the airport, we headed to the Museum of Transportation to check out some cool cars and trains. Adam had a blast. I would still like to get there sometime when I can actually read the information about the extensive collection they have instead of running from engine to engine, but this day was about Adam.
After the museum, we headed over to Sam's Club for a good cheap lunch and to pick up a few things. Adam likes to see the "scary guy" at Sam's these days - a Halloween decoration that talks and lights up. He wants to get close, but if you get too close, he'll just start repeating "no...no...no...no" until you back up.
The little guy is wiped out and taking a nap, which is good becuase I'm buried in work this weekend. Hopefully I can get a few things done before he wakes up.
Indycar driven by Helio Castroneves
I would tell you what kind of locomotive this was, but we were by it for all of 5 seconds before Adam wanted to keep running ahead...
Checking out the controls on a steam locomotive
Ringing the bell on an 1800's steam locomotive

1 comment:
Ah, you figured out why people like to travel after their kids leave home. It's to read all the signs that they didn't care about when they were little, and weren't given a chance to read when they went with their kids.
Post a Comment